5 days/4-nights - Multiple 2013 Departure Dates
Green Season $1499 per person/double occupancy April 16-Dec 19, 2013
High Season $1665 per person/double occupancy Jan 3-April 15, 2013
Join us on this journey to the crossroads of the Americas, Panama, and the fabulous Intercontinental Resort at Playa Bonita just 20 minutes away from Panama City, but a world away overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
With 3 restaurants and 5 swimming pools, access to the Tucan Golf Course just 15 minutes away, a disco, and the Gamboa Tour Desk which can help you book tours for the Panama Canal Transit, Panama City Casco Viejo, Gamboa Rainforest, and to the Caribbean historic town of Portobelo, you won't be lacking for things to do.
Or you can just relax on the beach and admire the view over the Pacific and the spectacular entrance to the Panama Canal.
Either way, the Intercontinental Panama Canal offers so much for a different tropical getaway with plenty to see and do!Green Season: $1499 - April 16-Dec 19, 2013
High Season: $1665 - Jan 3-April 15, 2013
Holiday supplement: $235 per person, Dec 19, 2012-Jan 2, 2013
Single Supplement: $350
Child Pricing: $599 up to 12 years
Hotel upgrades available
2013 Dates:Let us know when you want to travel. We will work with you to confirm as close as possible to your preferred dates based on airline and hotel availability.
A surcharge may be required for travel within 14 days of booking due to availability of flights. Specific dates are subject to lodging and airfare availability.
Day 1: Arrival
Flying into Panama City, you have the feeling that you've just arrived at the Manhattan of the Pacific, with a forest of glittering skyscrapers lining the waterfront as you land.
Pick up your rental car and then just as quickly, you are out of the city and crossing the Eighth Wonder of the World over the Panama Canal and arriving at Playa Bonita at the beautiful Intercontinental Resort right on the beach, but away from the hustle and bustle of the metropolis of Panama City.
Overnight: Intercontinental, Playa Bonita
Day 2-4: On your own
Breakfast daily at hotel
Suggested activities for your vacation.
- Cruise through the awe-inspiring locks of the Panama Canal (Saturdays only) and see a massive Panamax ship at eye level
- Travel up the Chagres River by dugout canoe for a visit and lunch with the Embera Indian Tribe
- Spend a day wandering the back streets of Panama City's beautiful 17th Century Casco Viejo (Old Town)
- Take a jungle boat ride on the Panama Canal's Gatun Lake and see an abundance of tropical wildlife up close and personal
- Ride a bike on the Amador Causeway and visit the biodiversity museum and enjoy jaw-dropping views of the Panama City skyline along the way
- Visit the Spanish colonial treasure ports of Portobelo and Fort San Lorenzo, which also offer plenty of pirate lore. Take the Panama Canal Railway back to Panama City and enjoy a Transcontinental journey from ocean to ocean in less than an hour
Overnight: Intercontinental, Playa Bonita
Day 5: Departure
Return rental car to airport and depart.
- Roundtrip airfare from Miami
- 4-nights lodging at Intercontinental, Playa Bonita Resort & Spa: Deluxe rooms
- 4-days car rental (Driver must be at least 25 years old. Additional supplement for drivers 21-24)
- Breakfast daily
- Hotel taxes
- Car taxes
- Gratuities for service staff
- Any expenses of a personal nature like alcoholic beverages, mini bar in rooms, laundry and telephone bills etc. and anything not specifically mentioned as "includes"
- Meals where not included
- Beverages where not included
- Entrance fees and extras where not included
- Fee for second driver for rental vehicles
- Insurance for rental car
- Travel insurance
Upgrade to Club Intercontinental rooms - $145 per person for the 4-night package.
Upgrade for daily dinners: $35 per person per night. Includes tax and service charge (beverages not included)
Upgrade to Premium Plan: All Meals & Drinks
Green Season: $110 per person per day
High Season: $125 per person per day
- All meals at any restaurant with no menu restrictions, including Lighthouse Restaurant (room service charges may apply)
- Unlimited premium drinks and premium house wines, at any of the outlets during the hours of operation, including "Coconut Lounge", which is open daily until 2:00 a.m.
- Unlimited use of non-motorized sports. Golf Driving Range and Putting Green has an additional cost.
- Tips and Taxes.